Welcome to HP vibsdepot! This is a one-stop repository that provides access to HP developed bundles along with device drivers that are part of the HP Customized VMware images. These bundles and associated vibs can be used with VMware applications and tools like VMware Update Manager (VUM), ESXCLI and Image Builder. The "Downloads" link on the left panel will allow you to directory browse and download from groupings that correspond to HP Customized VMware image releases. For further support information from HP and VMware please refer to the links below:
- VMware vSphere overview
- HP ProLiant server and option firmware and driver support recipe
- Previous HP Proliant server and option firmware and driver support recipes
- VMware documentation sets
- HP Service Pack for Proliant Release Notes
- HP Manuals - VMware Virtualization Software For HP ProLiant Servers
- HP customized VMware image downloads
- HP customized image contents
- VMware downloads including base images
- HP Service Pack for Proliant
- HP Insight Control for VMware vCenter Server
*** IMPORTANT INFORMATION *** The new ProLiant Gen8 servers require the use of the HP Customized image for a successful installation. The drivers for the new network and storage controllers in the Gen8 servers are integrated in the HP Customized image and are not part of the generic ESXi image that is distributed by VMware. ESXi requires drivers for these key controllers to be integrated in the base image. You will not be prompted to install key drivers during the installation process for ESXi.
- HP ESXi 5.0 Complete bundle - includes the components of the latest HP ESXi 5.0 Management Providers bundle, HP ESXi 5.0 Utilities bundle, and the HP ESXi 5.0 NMI bundle.
- HP ESXi 5.0 Management Providers bundle - includes the latest HP Common Information Model (CIM) Providers, HP Integrated Lights-Out (iLO) driver, HP Compaq ROM Utility (CRU) driver, and the new HP Agentless Management Service (AMS).
- HP ESXi 5.0 Utilities bundle - ESXCLI utilities such as HPBOOTCFG (boot order configuration),HPONCFG (remote iLO configuration) and HPACUCLI (Smart Array reporting and configuration)
- HP ESXi 5.0 NMI bundle - Non Maskable Interrupt (NMI) driver used to write VMware® errors to the Insight Management Log (IML)
- HP Agentless Management Service Offline Bundle - a service that provides support for Agentless Management and Active Health. Agentless Management Service provides a wider range of server information (e.g. OS type and version, installed applications, IP addresses) allowing customers to complement hardware management with OS information and alerting. Agentless Management provides Integrated Lights Out (iLO) based robust management without the complexity of OS-based agents. Active Health provides 24x7 mission control for servers, delivering maximum uptime through automated monitoring, diagnostics and alerting.
- Device Drivers as used in the HP Customized VMware images
- Latest ProLiant Server and option firmware and driver version recipe
The following points define how to use vibsdepot under several customer scenarios:
- VUM - connect VUM to "http://vibsdepot.hp.com/hpq/<release date>/index.xml" to download complete update patches as well as individual patches.
- ESXCLI - use command "esxcli software vib install -d http://vibsdepot.hp.com/hpq/<release date>/index.xml".
- ImageBuilder - use the PowerCLI command "Add-EsxSoftwareDepot http://vibsdepot.hp.com/hpq/<release date>/index.xml".
*** Note *** HP recommends that customers create a internal depot that can be custom created and qualified before performing updates and other operations by simply downloading (or Copy) the vibsdepot contents and the same from other depots. The "Downloads" link on the left panel will allow you to directory browse and download. Download (or copy)"http://vibsdepot.hp.com/hpq/<release date>" for all the bundles to your local depot